Friday, February 17, 2012

My All Time Favorite Italian Cookie Recipe


Sew, this being a craft blog and all I am sure it is no surprise to you when I say, I think homemade gifts are simply the best, Especially, when it comes to gifting during a holiday that is about celebrating love! What better a time to gift something made from the heart with that special someone in mind. That being said, as a valentine present I decided to make my valentine one of his/our favorite Italian treats.

Italian cookies are a common treat found in my home at all holidays year round and have been a favorite of mine since I was a lil one. These cookies are absolutely delicious and more than simple and fairly cheep to make (I didn't even have to leave my house to pick up the ingredients). I would say that makes them a great go-to for a last minute bake sale item or pot luck.
*this recipe makes a large batch

Recipe For: Italian Cookies
Prep Time: 20 mins
Bake Time: 10-15 mins
Pre heat oven: 350

Ingredients
Cookies
2 cups of sugar
1/2 lb. of butter (2 sticks, soft not melted)
3 eggs
1lb. ricotta cheese
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Icing
1 box powdered sugar
1 stick of butter (soft not melted)
milk

Directions
1.) Mix together sugar, butter, eggs, & vanilla in one bowl.
2.) In other bowl mix flour, salt & baking soda.
3.) Mix bowls 1&2 together. Then add in the Ricotta Cheese mix till blended.
4.) Roll cookie mix into small round balls, place on cookie sheet & bake at 350 for 10-15 mins. (I bake mine for 10-12 for a moister cookie) 
5.) Take out of oven, cool completely then ice.

Icing Directions
stir powered sugar & butter till smooth wile adding a little milk at a time (you dont want runny icing) then add food coloring.



So there you have it, my all time favorite cookie recipe. 
I really hope you and your loved ones enjoy these delicious cookies as much as I do! 
Happy Baking -Mia


No comments:

Post a Comment